Duron Upgrade

Al27 21:13 12 Feb 03

I am running an 850 Mhz Duron on an HP Pavilion 7910, with 384MB of RAM and an asus VT 8383/4 KT 133/ KM133 ??? Controller. Can I upgrade CPU in this system or would I need to upgrade motherboard.

goonerbill 02:05 13 Feb 03

have you got the mobo info correct. looked at asus's web site and can find no reference of your mobo. heres the link for you click here

good luck

Gongoozler 10:28 13 Feb 03

Al27, HP don't give a lot of information, and also they tend to get their motherboards made specially for them (hence, possibly, the lack of reference to it on the Asus web site), and so the motherboard may not even conform to the ATX or Micro ATX norm. As you say, the supplied processor is an 850M Duron, so even if the motherboard can take a faster processor, I doubt that you could go to much more than 1G, and you would be unlikely to notice the difference.

The HP Pavilion is designed as a package, with the sound and graphics integrated into the motherboard, and the memory is SDRAM, so I am afraid there is very little upgrade potential in the pc.

The full specification is here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…