DUPLICATION OF "MY DOCUMENTS" FOLDER.

Bonzy 10:18 19 Feb 05

Please help me decide what to do with the "My Documents" folder on a Win98SE pc.
In Windows Explorer under folders in the left pane, the "My Documents" folder appears twice. It appears as a folder in th C: drive and again further down in the left pane after the D: drive in line with the "My Computer" folder above, 2nd after the desktop folder right on top. This appears to be a duplication becos their contents are the same; I wonder what happened. Is it ok to delete the "My Documents" folder which is outside the C: drive, to free space? When I double-click to open the "My Computer" folder on the desktop, I see only one "My Documents" folder. Thanx in advance.

Tycho 10:35 19 Feb 05

Have a look at right click My Documents--> properties. I use W2K and it gives a number of options whch might be relevant.

Before deleting either of the folders make sure you have a copy somewhere else. It would be more than unfortunate if they are linked so that they are identical and both went at the same time!

T

Simsy 11:19 19 Feb 05

it's not taking up loads of files space...

When you open up Windows Explorer what you see in the left hand panel is all the folders that appear on the "Desktop", eg, The Recycle bin, My Computer, Network Places.

If these appear on the desktop then they do appear on the left hand pane.

It is suppossed to make it easier to access them.

Rest assurred it is not duplication of files, purely a duplication of you being able to access them!

I find it annoying as well... If you find a way to be rid, I'll be keen to know!!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…