Duplication of Emails using Outlook Express

nulli 16:25 08 Jul 03

Scenario:

2 PC's running XPpro set up as peer to peer network using ICS.

Outlook is set up on both PC's with identical mail and user account details. Is there any way that if either PC connects to the ISP email server that the emails that are downloaded are duplicated to both PC's, rather than just to the first PC that connects to the ISP?

Your help would be very appreciated.

Thanks guys & gals....

Lú-tzé 16:47 08 Jul 03

The only way I know would be to set both machines to download the mail and not delete it from the server for a period of, say, 3 days - depending on the frequency with which both machinces connect. Then when the mail is 3 days old it will be deleted; until this it will be available for both machines

There may be other ways... I am not sure.

nulli 16:51 08 Jul 03

Ok thanks, but how do you set the properties in express to download and not delete?

thank you.

Lú-tzé 17:06 08 Jul 03

I don't use OE but think you go to the properties of the acc - tools_accounts_properties_advanced and it is there somewhere. Leave a copy of the message on the server I think it says and you can tell it how long to leave it there.

nulli 17:08 08 Jul 03

Brilliant thanks I will try this first. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Nulli.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…