Duplication of e=mail receipts.

buckland 17:03 28 May 07

Have just received and set up my Orange LiveBox following an upgrade from the Freeserve/Wanadoo Alcatel/SpeedTouch Modem system. Previously All my e-mails were via Outlook Express but now I have found that In-coming e-mails are being duplicated and also arriving into an Orange WebMail In-Box on Internet Explorer which has as its address "mail@****" although obviously the senders would not have used such an address especially as some are automated. Can anyone suggest please how I might rectify this and get all my e-mail back to Outlook Express? I do not want a load of duplicates piling up on Internet Explorer. Many thanks. Buckland.

Jackcoms 17:37 28 May 07

Have you actually set up OE to receive e-mails?

Usually e-mails do arrive in your ISP's web mail inbox before you download them to your PC using your chosen e-mail client (OE In your case).

You should find that, having set up OE and downloaded e-mails to it they will 'disappear' from the Orange web mail inbox

buckland 19:12 28 May 07

Jackcoms, Thanks for your reply. Outlook Express set up O.K. but you may well be right as the new Livebox has only be running for three days with not much traffic for me over the holiday weekend. Interestingly enough the e-mail from PCAdviser informing me of your reply came in on Outlook Express did NOT appear in Internet Explorer so perhaps the Gremlins are sorting themselves out. I will keep an eye on it in the hopes that it settles down. Maybe someone else has had the same problem. Thanks again. Buckland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017