Duplicated threads and posts.

Forum Editor 19:18 30 Jul 05

Many of you will have noticed that we've been seeing an outbreak of duplicate threads for a while now - many of the threads contain duplicated posts as well.

Thanks to the excellent feedback you provided last week we have been able to track down the causes of these problems - or at least we think we have.
We've devised fixes which will put things right, plus a couple of other tweaks which we needed. To make absolutely sure everthing is going to work we are currently running a duplicate test forum on the server - which only PCA staff can access. We're testing this site exhaustively for a few days to see if our fixes are doing the job, and all being well we'll put in the new code next week.

In the meantime I hope you'll bear with us - there's been a lot of activity behind the scenes over the past week, and I think we're nearly there.

octal 19:20 30 Jul 05

Thanks for the feedback, if I see anyone post complaints about these probs I'll refer them to here.

stalion 19:20 30 Jul 05

Thankyou for the update,keep tweaking
Regards

SLAYER 19:21 30 Jul 05

sounds good,lot of trouble getting to the site today,thanks

VoG II 19:22 30 Jul 05

I'm probably a rather sad individual but I find these - especially the 'cross-linked' threads - rather amusing.

Thanks for the update FE.

woodchip 19:23 30 Jul 05

Glad that the post's we made was some good, It must have taken some sifting through, to find the problem

CurlyWhirly 19:56 30 Jul 05

Despite the duplicate threads and posts at least I am not seeing too many server errors and the forum is fast as well!

dagwoood 22:27 30 Jul 05

Thank you for keeping us appraised of the situation. Whatever you have already tweaked seems to have done the trick for me, this site's never been faster.

p;3 22:48 30 Jul 05

wouldnt it be rather fun to be on the test server and...::))

but thanks for the feedback, though as Vog says above, some of the cross-links etc are amusing:)

ade.h 22:55 30 Jul 05

I wish it was as quick for me, Dagwood. I'm still getting a lot of errors and can't reach very many pages without at least 2 or 3 attempts.

Still, at least things are progressing behind the scenes. FE; I know you and your staff must work their butts off to keep things (mostly) in working order. It's greatly appreciated.

Dan the Doctus 01:06 31 Jul 05

You'll never catch me making a duplicate post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…