duplicate photos

bendigo 07:53 27 Dec 06

Probably a real ding-a-ling question-----When there are duplicate photos which have been created automatically by software, such as HPphotosmart or Picasa2 in addition to My Pictures, I presume they are all taking up individual space on my hard disk, and are independant. ie editing one does not affect the duplicate. This is as I understand it to be except I seem to remember that when I had picasa2 on my previous computer if one deleted a picture from p2 it also removed it wherever it appeared. Is there any software which can trace duplicates for deletion. Like many people I have hundreds of pics!!!. Apart from the last query, I'm not sure whether this posting is a question or just a request for confimation. Thanks anyway.

rawprawn 09:05 27 Dec 06

In Picassa2 You have the choice of either deleting the photo from the HD (Right click on photo) or clearing it from Picassa (Clear button at bottom) I dn't know of a program that will find duplicates, maybe someone else does.

radi8or 09:47 27 Dec 06
  ^wave^ 09:48 27 Dec 06

this is what i believe happens when you download your pics it stores them in a folder a lot a applications tend to use the folder my pictures. all picaasa does is catalog those pics and displays them. it doesnt move them or create duplicates

bendigo 11:30 30 Dec 06

In desperation I am putting this message into this thread as I cannot think what else to do.
I cannot use any search box on this site. I get an error page to which I respond but so far have had no luck. Has anyone had the same problem and if so how was it cured.

VoG II 11:32 30 Dec 06
  bendigo 15:24 30 Dec 06

thanks VoG, we met again following your lead. seems there's a lot of it about. also it's interesting to see how many unstable pcs' there are out there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…