Duplicate my documents & pictures

1712864 30 Mar 13

I recently built a new Windows 7 64bit system, on to which I pasted all the document and picture folders from my previous XP machine, which I had copied to an external HD. Unfortunately I didn't copy them to the correct location, and now in libraries I have two identical my document and my picture folders. I assume that the files are not duplicated, since if I delete a file in one doc folder it also is also deleted from the second one, but that the two folders are "linked". Any ideas please how I can remove this link, if that's what it is. I have 4 hard disks, so moving folders etc isn't a problem. I've removed all other duplicates with Duplicate Finder.

Del

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message