Duplicate Files and Folders

Helia Mabenia 23:14 28 Jan 05

Anyone know of programme to get rid of duplicate files and folders to clear space on hard drive

Mango Grummit 00:28 29 Jan 05

Get Dupelocator from click here

griffon 56 00:38 29 Jan 05

Hi Helia Mabenia,

I've used 2 programs, CloneSpy and EasyCleaner from Toniarts. Of the two CloneSpy is the most user friendly but both are dangerous as deletion means deletion and there is no going back. However, CloneSpy from click here has a good guide and after a bit of study you can figure out what it all means and how it works. But beware - it calls files identical according to what they contain and how old they are and so on, but it doesn't differentiate between identical emails, one in your Inbox and the other in your Sent Items both of which you might want to keep. However, it does give you a clear choice and you have to positively select a file for deletion with a double click before the cross appears against it for execution. When in doubt you can always skip making a choice and check the files yourself in Windows Explorer because CloneSpy gives you the full path name of each file.

griffon 56 00:58 29 Jan 05

click here is also available through Mango Grummit's link.

Mollo 13:46 26 Jun 05

I have used EasyCleaner 2.0 and it showed many duplicate files. I didn't realise how many until I tried to print them off and had reached about 20 pages and only halfway through the print run!
Needless to say I stopped the print but after looking through the sheets it wasn't easy to pick out the candidates for deletion. In making the comparison between files there seems to be no I.D. for the original file to help in making a decision.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…