duplicate files

ballyboy 20 Dec 11

hi i am running windows xp on a system called hp pavillion,i have to carry out a couple of reboots due to errors by myself.i now find i have lots of duplicate files ie music,video and operating files,what do you recomend i could use which would enable me to remove these files.many thanks in advance for any help

chub_tor 20 Dec 11

You could always try this from SnapFiles

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20 Dec 11

i now find i have lots of duplicate files ie music,video and operating files

Yes you can delete the music video and doc files but do not delete the duplicate operating system files

Different programs can put a file of the same name into a iffent windows folder if you delete any of these files you may find one or more of our programs stop working

chub_tor 21 Dec 11

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Good advice, I should have spotted that.

Salut 21 Dec 11

ballyboy, try this: http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/ I have used it on occasions. As long as you are absolutely sure what you are doing there should be no problems.

mobing 22 Dec 11

thanks all ,they are helpful !

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message