Duplicate Files

Angry Kid 19:45 20 Jun 06

Evening,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a query?

At present I have two seperate accounts set up on my pc (Wife and myself) and was wondering if there was a program available (Free) that would scan the pc for any duplicate files and if so would say if they were ok to delete without crashing the system?

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Angry ;)

Wak 21:10 20 Jun 06

There's a good FREE program called Easycleaner which will look for duplicates and unnecessary files. click here

Angry Kid 21:15 20 Jun 06

I have seen that but is it safe to remove the duplicate files from both accounts without having a severe/debilitating effect on my pc as I also read it can be severe when cleaning.

Angry :)

Wak 09:58 22 Jun 06

I have used Easycleaner for donkeys years to clear unnecessary files and also to clean out the registry and have never had any problems from using it.
However, I have not used it to clear Duplicate files so cannot vouch if it would be safe or not.
I think it would depend exactly what the files are and where they are stored.
If the files are required for some kind of program then the program would have to be able to find them.
For example, if you have a Mail program (Outlook Express?)in two different accounts then you would need either duplicate e-mails or a common storage folder for the E-mails otherwise the program would never find them when required.
It all depends on the files and how they are to be used.
If you have two garden sheds then you either need a hammer in each shed or a common tool box in the middle.
Hope this helps.
Wak.

Angry Kid 22:18 23 Jun 06

Thank you for your posts.

Angry ;)

rexgrant 22:41 23 Jun 06

Hi.
This programs gives you two options download the free trial,in my oppion it the best program ever made.
click here
Regards.
Rex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…