DUPLICATE FILES

tykesutd 09:24 20 Apr 05

I have been very bad at saving files all over my hard drive. Can anyone recommend a program or procedure to enable me to find all the duplicated files that are lurking in various places.

GroupFC 09:37 20 Apr 05

Google is your friend!

Have a trawl through some of these
click here=
and while your doing that somebody else may post with some particular recommendations!

anniel 10:52 20 Apr 05

say if it is always safe to delete duplicate files, as in separate drives?

I have System Mechanic which searches for duplicate files, but I am too scared to delete them in case they are needed and I get rid of something vital.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Pesala 12:03 20 Apr 05

This tiny utility is fine for finding duplicated files. If you have two identical graphic images or documents saved under different names it will match them. click here The program makers retired and closed their website, so I host the file on my own webspace.

Drag and drop any folder from Windows Explorer into the program's search paths window.

Programs often install different versions of Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) into different directories. It is safer to leave these alone. Limit your deleting to documents and images.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…