duplicate files

feredo 21:56 09 Feb 05

duplicate files
Are there any freeware programs to detect duplicate file on your computer, video files.

I have a feeling I have copies of some somewhere.

thanks

csqwared 22:01 09 Feb 05

try here click here

cc

csqwared 22:04 09 Feb 05

oops!! sorry, that's Linux :-((

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 22:36 09 Feb 05

ther is a programme called EXPOSED but ive been trying to find a LIVE download for it but havnt had any luck, but if you can find one its a great little app that finds music files videos, flash ads, infact alsorts.

let me know if you find it

feredo 22:50 09 Feb 05

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG

Will do

Taff36 07:54 10 Feb 05

Check Identical Files click here was recommended on this forum a few months ago & I downloaded the trial version which allows 10 searches before you buy. A great program but be very careful when deleting duplicates. Read the help files thoroughly before you start! If I use up the free uses I`ll get the paid for version.

Modo 08:04 10 Feb 05

click here

You can download a 30 day trial.

It is a nice program but I found it a bit Hit & Miss at finding music duplicates and decided not to buy. Even with manual settings it wanted the files to be too identical - e.g. same in every respect. Music duplicates often have a small difference in file size or some other file info. Indeed this is usually the case if you have a track on a compilation and on the original album.

Mango Grummit 08:33 10 Feb 05

DupeLocater click here is free and 100% effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…