Duplicate e-mails

Onizuka 15:40 12 Jul 07

Before posting this thread I did a search in all the PCA forums but none of the results seems to match my problem, which is:-

I have four Blueyonder e-mail boxes which, for this query, I’ll call Fred1, Fred2, Fred3 and Fred4, and I have created four Inbox sub-folders with these names in Outlook 2002.
I have set up Outlook Rules so that incoming e-mails are moved to the appropriate sub-folder thus:

“Apply this rule after the message arrives
through the Fred1 account
move it to the Fred1 folder”

These Rules work satisfactorily with all four account names.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 and I use its Mail Dispatcher so that I can view the list of e-mails on the Blueyonder server and delete those which are obviously spam before downloading them. When I delete an e-mail in Mail Dispatcher, Kaspersky generates a message headed

“From: Kaspersky Mail Dispatcher”
“Subject: [!!SPAM] The message has been deleted”

The message from Mail Dispatcher contains the full header details but not the original message itself and it is put into the Inbox.

I have also created a Spam folder and the following Rules for each of the Fred e-mail boxes:
“Apply this rule after the message arrives
through the Fred1 account
and from Kaspersky MailDispatcher
move it to the Spam folder”

The exception (and the problem) is that although the deleted spam message addressed to Fred1 is moved into the spam folder another copy still goes into the Fred1 folder.

Can anyone suggest why the Outlook Rules correctly move the e-mails from the Inbox to the right sub folder but duplicate the deleted spam messages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple