Duplicate e-mail

avey 14:40 17 Jan 03
  avey 14:40 17 Jan 03

Currently running Windows 98SE with Outlook Explorer version 6. Since changing my ISP to PlusNet and obtaining ADSL I get "Verifying user name and password" twice plus it takes around 70 seconds to connect. Also receive duplicate mail on receipt. From talking to recipients of my outgoing mail they do not receive duplicates. Any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated

Gongoozler 16:52 17 Jan 03

avey, this Microsoft KnowledgeBase article may help. Although it refers to OE5, I think it also applies to OE6.
http ://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q245620

avey 20:07 17 Jan 03

Gongoozler, thanks for your comments have read the article and resolved that part of the problem. Still verifying user name and password twice when logging on

Gongoozler 10:18 18 Jan 03

avey, I suspect that Plusnet may have a two stage verification process. I don't have adsl, but hopefully someone who does can tell us if this dual verification/authorisation is normal, alternatively an e-mail to Plusnet may clear up the confusion.

avey 11:50 18 Jan 03

Gongoozler, many thanks for your help don't know whats changed but it only took about 10 seconds this am to log on also name was verified only once.
Once again many thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…