Duplicate data on Excel

so3003 17:08 27 Feb 03

Hi everyone

I have a large MS Excel worksheet (over 12500 records) with 6 fields. There is the possibility that some data has been inadvertently recorded twice as separate records, and I need to remove this duplicate data.

I've sorted it as best I can, but rather than having to go through all 12500+ records myself, is there any way to look for duplicate information using an Excel function?

Please help, it could be a very long night!

Pesala 22:00 27 Feb 03

I am not either, but a Google search for "Excel Duplicates" revealed this link: click here

Must be lots of other solutions too.

jazzypop 22:04 27 Feb 03

"Filter for unique records

Select the column or click a cell in the list you want to filter.

On the Data menu, point to Filter, and then click Advanced Filter.

Do one of the following.

To filter the list in place, similar to using AutoFilter, click Filter the list, in-place.

To copy the results of the filter to another location, click Copy to another location. Then, in the Copy To box, enter a cell reference.

To select a cell, click Collapse Dialog to temporarily hide the dialog box. Select the cell on the worksheet, and then press Expand Dialog .

Select the Unique records only check box."

From the Excel 2002 Help file.

I suggest using the Copy to... option, until you are confident that your data is being exported correctly.

VoG™ 22:09 27 Feb 03

The easiest way of dealing with this is to get the excellent free Add-In ASAP-Utilities from click here

Once installed, select all data rows, ASAP-Utilities>Columns/Rows > Conditional row and column select, hide or delete.

In Search Options select Duplicate Values

In What to do.... select Delete

It can be fun to program these things but if you need quick results.........

Oh, and it does loads more besides.

VoG™ 22:33 27 Feb 03

Also see click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…