Duplex print (both sides) Win2000

Jonzjob 23:06 15 Apr 03

When I was on Win 98se my HP Deskjet 890c would do duplex printing no problems. Since I've gone to Win2000 no chance. I can't find any ref to it, not even in my Publisher2000 Bible (900 pages of it). Does anyone know how, or if, it can be done please?

jazzypop 00:05 16 Apr 03

Duplex printing (or not) is a function of the printer driver, not the operating system.

I suspect that HP wrote a barebones driver that they passed to MS for inclusion on the W2K installation CD. As this is no longer a 'current' printer, they have no interest in developing a more advanced driver.

I am in a similar position with one of my printers (HP 880c - essentially the same printer) and XP.

Back to manual duplexing :)

If you go to File -> Print in MS Word, you will see the option to print just odd or even pages. Not as convenient as having the facility in the printer driver, but it is still an effective method of duplexing.

Jonzjob 15:58 16 Apr 03

Thanks Jazzypop, the only problem that I have is that I use MS publisher 2000 and there is no option on that for odds/evens. The news letter that I edit normally runs to about 20 sides, the last one had a file size of 41 meg, so I don't think it would be a possibility to transfere it to Word.

rabadubdub 16:43 16 Apr 03

I have an HP 840C, so I am not sure how much it differs but, there is a "two-sided printing" checkbox in the Features tab in printer Properties which is usually accessible from the print.. dialog box in any prog. I don't have Publisher though. It still involves manually reloading on the 840C.

Rab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…