duplcate files- which can i delete ?

joeltr 11:38 04 Dec 03

i have downloaded easyclean from the internet.and there is a function called duplicate files, i had a look at it and there are a lot of files there which are almost identical to each other, for example, i have one basic epson printer (stylus C42 UX) and there are a lot of entries listed for it with maybe just a number in brackets being the difference,im a novice, so im consulting the experts first, regards joel.

Lozzy 11:42 04 Dec 03

The only truly safe files to delete are tmp files. Before deleting anything else I would recommend that you do a full back-up just in case your deleting files that you shouldn't.

Lozzy 11:43 04 Dec 03

I should have said the tmp file will all have the extension .tmp

leo49 11:47 04 Dec 03

You say "almost identical" - a problem with this type of software utility is the parameters they use to determine duplicates. I would be highly dubious about deleting any so-called duplicate without understanding the software utility's criteria for selection.

joeltr 11:57 04 Dec 03

thanks lozzy &leo49 i think i will leave well alone,joel

Lozzy 11:59 04 Dec 03

wise move

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…