Dungeon Siege 2 Save File Problems

NChick 19:19 06 May 07

Hi. After happily playing my DS2 demo for some time and building up some very beefy characters, I was eager to play 'em when I bought the full version not so long ago. Problem is that my save files from the demo aren't seen by the full version. I followed the instructions in the readme's troubleshooting section (the renaming fix), and that didn't work, so then I applied the v2.2 patch, and that's not helped either.
Any ideas? I still have the original files compressed, in case the renaming fix didn't do it.

jay.p 21:10 06 May 07

how about copying the contentsinside of your demo saved file,then deleting the contents of your game saves and then pasting them into it so the folder remains the same.

NChick 11:07 09 May 07

Do you mean a notepad text-copy? I'm not sure how that could work but I'll give it a go, tah.

jay.p 17:44 11 May 07

no it should be a folder named saves.just delete the whole folder and replace with the demo folder.

NChick 20:13 13 May 07

I've already done that, and some renaming jiggery-pokery as well! :S Any other ideas? <whimper>

jay.p 18:52 15 May 07

just looked on one of the forums for the game and apparently the demo saves are not compatable with the full game.
sorry just one of those things i'm afraid.

NChick 16:38 16 Feb 09

Thanks for all your help - the problem hasn't exactly been resolved, but it's not a problem anymore, so it doesn't really apply!
Thanks for your suggestions :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017