Dump of Physical Memory

prykie 13:56 02 Nov 05

My partner has a problem so can't register this query. This message appears on the desktop and the only way to get rid of is it to manually switch off as the system is frozen. "A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to protect your computer. IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL If this is the first time you've seen this stop screen error restart your computer. If this screen appears again followthese steps. Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options & then select safe mode. Tech inf ***STOP: OXOOOOOOOA (OXE 231FA88, OXOOOOOOFF, OXOOOOOOOOO, OX805563DBA) Beginning dump of physical memory Physical Memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance". Apart from a local person who recently came to sort out a small problem just before this happened my partner has not done anything unusual. Also after this person had been, on start-up a screen appeared saying Power Scan was trying to scan. This programme has appeared under "all programmes". Can any one help please as we are basic PC users and the jargon is gobbledeegook!

wee eddie 14:23 02 Nov 05

click here

p.s. Fruitbat provided the link

€dstowe 14:46 02 Nov 05

Get the "local person" to come and sort out the mess. It seems apparent that he/she created the problem, he/she should sort it out.

uisquebeathus 14:59 02 Nov 05

the message is telling you that two devices connected to or installed in the computer are trying to use the same memory locations and or IRQ at the same time, this is often the address of the sound card and another device usb or otherwise which uses a sound driver requiring the same memory location and IRQ, this is a bit of a nightmare to resolve. the simple way is to back up any documents and data that are important, then format this will wipe out everything and then reinstall the operating system and the drivers for installed hardware, then the software.

woodchip 15:17 02 Nov 05

Your Computer as been Hijacked. click here

woodchip 15:21 02 Nov 05

To Remove click here

sype 22:43 10 Nov 05

ive had the same problem for some time and have tryed many things. today the man in my local computer store said it could be a memory problem and suggested that i remove 1 of my memory chips, try the system, put the chip back and remove the other chip and try the system. i removed one chip and my computer worked perfectly. i noticed that the chip that i removed had a layer of dust across the connecters, i cleaned the chip and tryed it back in. my computer is now working perfectly. your problem may not be dust but may be a memory chip problem.

prykie 11:33 12 Nov 05

I have resolved the problem and I think it was caused by Spyware taking up a lot of memory. There were 4 lots and I have now quarantined them with my Zone Alarm. The worst offender was Power Scan and I have no idea how these crept into the computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…