Dumb Java question

homer 23:30 29 Jun 05

I am following a basic java tutorial. Having copied the source code in notepad saved as per the instructions (in Ansi?). The next part involves using command prompt typing cd C:\java to get to C:\java>. However instead I keep getting the system cannot find the path specified?. Why is this? My Java folder in on my C drive containing the saved source file?.I am sure there is a simple solution so thanks in advance!.

Completealias 01:38 30 Jun 05

all i can think is that you've named your folder with the java files in different to whats in the instructions or there located in a different place so at the command prompt type cd then the name of the folder where the files are located.

If they are located in a subfolder of another then you have to type cd first folder name then cd next folder name and so on

John-259217 01:43 30 Jun 05

Have you installed a Java ide?

Sun`s Java2 SDK would be my choice - have a look at this link for some install notes click here

If you have one already it may indicate where you need to look.

I`m assuming here your using notepad to save your code as a .java file and wish to run it through a compiler to create a .class

John-259217 07:16 30 Jun 05

Doh! Just ignore that last post - I must have been falling asleep.

Completealias made a much better reply - he must drink stronger coffee!

Try cd My Documents\java if you created the java folder from the save as box in notepad - otherwise find the folder in explorer and note the path shown in the address bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch