Dumb Java question

homer 23:30 29 Jun 05

I am following a basic java tutorial. Having copied the source code in notepad saved as per the instructions (in Ansi?). The next part involves using command prompt typing cd C:\java to get to C:\java>. However instead I keep getting the system cannot find the path specified?. Why is this? My Java folder in on my C drive containing the saved source file?.I am sure there is a simple solution so thanks in advance!.

Completealias 01:38 30 Jun 05

all i can think is that you've named your folder with the java files in different to whats in the instructions or there located in a different place so at the command prompt type cd then the name of the folder where the files are located.

If they are located in a subfolder of another then you have to type cd first folder name then cd next folder name and so on

John-259217 01:43 30 Jun 05

Have you installed a Java ide?

Sun`s Java2 SDK would be my choice - have a look at this link for some install notes click here

If you have one already it may indicate where you need to look.

I`m assuming here your using notepad to save your code as a .java file and wish to run it through a compiler to create a .class

John-259217 07:16 30 Jun 05

Doh! Just ignore that last post - I must have been falling asleep.

Completealias made a much better reply - he must drink stronger coffee!

Try cd My Documents\java if you created the java folder from the save as box in notepad - otherwise find the folder in explorer and note the path shown in the address bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…