duff memory from ebuyer

dunc1234 18:29 01 Feb 03

i have had 5 lots of memory in a row all duff (crashing pc preventing boot up) all sdram pc 133 or pc100 all 128mb

has anybody else had the same problems or am i being unlucky?

Totally-braindead 19:13 01 Feb 03

This should be in Consumerwatch but yes I too have had 2 lots of faulty memory,the first dead on arrival the second causing the computer to crash all the time, in fact so much of my order was faulty and/or broken that I've decided not to deal with them again.

Dumfy 23:47 01 Feb 03

I bought some memory from E-Buyer a while back and my PC wouldn't boot. I sent it back and received a replacement. Still wouldn't boot. Sent that back too, but had problems this time as E-Buyer said they'd checked out the memory themselves and found nothing wrong. After some hassle, they did agree to a refund, less a 2.5% handling re-stock fee! It was my word against theirs.

That was the first time I'd used them and will never do so again, or recommend them. Their reurns policy is dreadful into the bargain.

fitcher 23:59 01 Feb 03

do not jump to the conclusion that memory is at fault when often the single sided ones are mixed with the double sided ones .or on an early type motherboard that causes trouble .because it likes double sided ones/ later the single sided were used .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…