Duel boot manual configuration?

spaciousmonti 22:39 14 Jan 03
  spaciousmonti 22:39 14 Jan 03

I have installed win2kserver and xp home on my desktop, this is so I can practice my studies for the mcse. Had to reinstall the graphics card which wouldnt work under xp after I installed win2kserver! Worked fine though when booted into server.
Phoned the pc helpdesk and was advised to reformat the partition and reinstall xp, not repair, reinstall. I thought this was a bit extreme but I did it anyway, new PC and waranty(plus screaming kids wanting to play).
Well, the graphics card works fine now, at the bootup screen I get the choice of xp or server (had to modify the boot.ini file) but when I try to boot into server I get the error message
windows root>/system32/hal.dll file missing or corrupt. Now I know this is the Hardware Abstraction Layer file.
I have replaced it with a copy form my laptop which has server installed on it for training purposes, but I still get the same error.
Any suggestions as to how I can get my server partition to boot up properly without mucking up XP again?

Much thanks

BBez 23:24 14 Jan 03
  BRYNIT 01:40 15 Jan 03

Did you install W2k first and then winXP with upto date drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…