Dubious Email from Barclays bank

Southernboy 19:36 25 Jun 05

Got one yesterday looking very official, warning me about phishing and telling me to click on a link. However, I have never had an account with Barclays, so it looks like a sophisticated scam. Anyone else had one?

Night Ryder 19:38 25 Jun 05

This is a well known scam. Don't open just delete it

Magik ®© 19:39 25 Jun 05

might be better to ask who has not had one.

:-)

Southernboy 19:44 25 Jun 05

I did open it, but did not click on the link. Hopefully, I'm OK

originalmiscellany 19:48 25 Jun 05

but you have to think why would the bank email you if you don't bank with them? I've received the same email from about 5 different banks, and have clicked on teh links; as long as you don't type anything in then everything will be fine.

Night Ryder 19:52 25 Jun 05

Thing to remeber. No bank will ever contact you this way.

Southernboy 20:11 25 Jun 05

If you read an Email and then delete it, it automatically opens the next one. Normally I look at the list of Emails first and delete anything suspicious. I was in a hurry that day and went through them.

A reminder to be more careful!

Night Ryder 01:10 26 Jun 05

To stop this hapning install a pop up blocker

GRFT 08:03 26 Jun 05

It isn't just an AOL problem. I received one lately from a bank I've never used. It was so obviously a phishing attempt and was deleted immediately.

Stuartli 11:02 26 Jun 05

There are literally dozens of them - just Delete and ignore.

Same for the wonderful job opportunity you've been selected to take up at a staggering salary for which, of course, you have to provide your bank details in order to pay it in...:-)

Amazingly there are the odd individuals who actually believe this stuff and nonsense.

Himself 11:24 26 Jun 05

There are numerous examples of phishing e-mails here that are worth looking at to familiarise yourself with how to spot these pests. Each e-mail is accompanied by a detailed analysis.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now