Dubai Electrics

Shinda 11:28 02 Apr 04

Dubai Electrics
Hi folk ,I am hoping to go to Dubai this month for some shopping.I have had a look at all the websites and noticed the Dubai runs on 220v.If i do buy anything electrical there will it work here in UK? I have also been told by several people that Dubai runs on 240v.

Lozzy 13:10 02 Apr 04

no issues in bring electrical stuff back, I do it often. Just make sure you don't buy and American power unit apposed to UK. They sell various power supply units so just ask.. Have fun..

Graham ® 13:52 02 Apr 04

World Voltages click here

Dubai is in United Arab Emirates.

SEASHANTY 14:32 02 Apr 04

Most of the electrical stuff sold in Dubai is imported from the far east anyway so will be made to run from 220 - 250 volts A.C. You will enjoy Dubai - even the silver sand. Its one of the nicer places in the Gulf (oops nearly said Persian!). Don't forget the U.K. Customs on return. The duty (and vat) free limit for importing goods is around £140 I believe.

Shinda 16:32 02 Apr 04

Many thanks everyone

accord 16:41 02 Apr 04

let us know what car they have got in the duty free lottery. They had a Ferrari when I was there, tickets about £65.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…