DUAL VGA MONITORS HOOKUP TO DELL ADD-IN GRAPHICS C

KENYONAL 19:14 29 May 08

i ALSO HAVE A DELL INSPIRON 530s WITH A DVI-I CONNECTION ON COMPUTER AND TWO VGA MONITORS. USING A SPLITTER WITH 3 DVI-I CONNECTIONS AND VGA TO DVI ADAPTORS TO MY MONITORS DOES NOT WORK. DELL SAYS SIGNAL NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO GO THROUGH TWO ADAPTORS ALTHOUGH IF I ONLY HOOK UP ONE MONITOR WITH VGA-DVI ADAPTOR, MONITOR WORKS FINE. CANNOT SEEM TO GET SPLITTER CABLE WITH ONE MALE DVI-I CONNECTION AND TWO VGA FEMALE CONNECTIONS. DELL SENDS ME A 4 ROW 63 PIN MALE CONNECTOR TO TWO VGA FEMALE CONNECTIONS. OBVIOUSLY, 4 ROWS DO NOT FIT INTO 3 ROW DVI-I CONNECTION ON COMPUTER. IS THERE A SPLITTER AVAILABLE OR AM I STUCK WITH JUST ONE MONITOR.

Dragon_Heart 01:28 01 Jun 08

Firstly DON'T USE UPPER CASE IN YOUR THREADS ........ IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO READ AND TO SOME PEOPLE IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR SHOUTING.

OK now onto your problem Your Dell is, with all due respect, a budget desktop system. Yes it has a Intel Core Duo processor but it's still classed as a budget system.

Your graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS with 128 Mb of it's own RAM ( so it's not sharing any with the PC itself ) but as Dell say it's the strength of the actual signal that's the problem.

Just because you have two graphic ports does not simply imply you can connect a monitor to each. It's a bit like a house wiring system. In your typical three bedroom semi the downstairs wall plugs are probably supplied by a 30 amp ring main, those upstairs by another separate 30 amp ring main. You could have 12 or more wall sockets downstairs but you could not plug in and switch on 3 x 10 amp heaters plus your TV into the sockets without blowing the fuse box or circuit breaker ... the same goes for the output power of the graphic stream.

DieSse 23:07 01 Jun 08

Like this ?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple