Dual TV and monitor?

murgle 12:51 27 Nov 05

My TV is on the blink so I am looking for a replacement. Can anyone recommend a TV that can double up as a PC Monitor. I really like the idea of being able use a PC in my living room using the main TV especially for browsing the internet.

Thanks

Stuartli 15:17 27 Nov 05

An ordinary TV is not the best way of viewing the Internet especially text, but there are an increasing number of LCD TV models that can be used for both purposes.

murgle 20:22 27 Nov 05

Are LCD TV's the only option for PC's?

Thanks

You can connect a PC to any TV that has a composite input (most do) via the TV out port found on most graphics cards. However, due to the low resolutions of standard TVs, the display is unusable for just about everything apart from films and some games.

You would need a TV with a VGA port that could handle computer resolutions well to get a usable result. I've only heard of LCD TVs providing this feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…