Dual system boot problem

sputnick 09:57 25 Sep 05

I am having a problem on boot up that my pc asks
me to select from two operating systems when I now only have one.
I accidently installed windows xp on my second hard drive (D) I have now removed everything from D drive and re-formatted it.But on boot up I am getting the option to select from two.
Obviously if I select the one on d drive it can`t find it, is it possible to remove the reference to it.

mgmcc 10:21 25 Sep 05

Open MSCONFIG ("Start > Run", type MSCONFIG and click OK), select the Boot.ini tab and click the button to "Check All Boot Paths". It will identify any invalid entries and give you the option to delete them.

MAJ 10:21 25 Sep 05

You need to edit the Boot.ini file, sputnick. To do that, right-click on "My Computer", choose "Properties", click the "Advanced" tab, then in the "Startup and Recovery" section, click the "Settings" button. In the "System Startup" section, click the "Edit" button and the Boot.ini file will open in Notepad. Now go to File > Save as and save this as a backup. When you have created a backup and stored it in a safe place, remove the reference to your second, non-existant operating system. Then go to File > Save and save the new Boot.ini file. Reboot your computer and it should boot straight to Windows without giving you a choice.

sputnick 12:04 25 Sep 05

Thanks for that I`ll try it later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…