Dual screen problems with windows 7

matti1994 07:46 15 Jan 15

I have 2 Samsung SyncMaster 24" screens, and i´m trying to connect both of them to my computer. It should not be a problem with my MSI GeForce GTX 970 graphics card but i can only make one screen function at a time and not both. If i take out the HDMI cable and re-start the PC the screen with the VGA cable will go on and if i take out the screen with the VGA cable and re-start the PC the screen with HDMI cable will og on. But for some reason when both of them are connected only one of the function and the other stays black, if both are connected normally the screen with VGA is the one that is on and not the HDMI.

BRYNIT 09:56 15 Jan 15

Your computer is will usually only display from one monitor unless you have selected for it to display with two.

With both monitors connected switched on your computer, right click on desktop and select screen resolution you should have the option to select duplicate or extend the screen between the monitors.

matti1994 12:00 15 Jan 15

Yeah but that´s the problem, on the screen settings where you can change the screen resolution, my PC only show one of the screen and it´s like the other screen is not connected.

daxian 14:45 15 Jan 15

hi .... i would check the monitor setup menu ...some only allow hdmi or vga as switchable ...so you need to switch one to hdmi and the other to vga input, to get them to work at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced