dual processor

subhuman 22:54 28 Jun 03

any infomation on dual processors would be great full, I am a video editor and have seen many machines advertised with dual processors but know nothing about the benifits, at the momment i am up gradeing my p 1.8 machine and need to know if up gradeing the processor or gettin a dual prosser is better.

powerless 23:03 28 Jun 03

Whilst one procsssors is doing one thing the other processor can be doing something else.

Or...

Both processors can work together on the one task.

You probably would see a major difference as you do Video Editing.

Forum Editor 23:12 28 Jun 03

would be specified something like this:

Dual AMD Athlon MP 2200.

512mb ECC DDRAM.

40gb 7200rpm hard drive (Operating system & software)UDMA 100.

120gb Video Storage drive 7200 rpm (UDMA 100).

Ati Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB Dual Monitor Graphics Card.

Windows XP Professional edition

Soundblaster Audigy soundcard
(with onboard OHCI Firewire Port).

Add a couple of 21" CRT monitors, a sound system and your choice of video/audio editing software and you have a pretty good video editing setup.

Cost? Around £2000 excluding VAT, software, monitors and sound system.

goonerbill 23:12 28 Jun 03

for video editing dual processors would be great, plus decent video editing card/software. only draw back, bloody expensive.

Forum Editor 00:26 29 Jun 03

Adobe Premiere 6.5

Costs around £500 and is an excellent Professional application. Adobe recommend dual Pentium 4's if you want real time preview.

Then there's Pinnacle Edition PRO version 5 - even more expensive at around £700 - Pinnacle recommend dual Pentium Xeons if you want to get the best out of this professional software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…