Dual O/S disk swap

Blubottle 11:48 29 May 09

I have got a dual boot system XP home and Win 2k.
one on each HDD. my primary has win2k and the secondary has XP. I use a boot manager (OSL 2000) to switch between the two. I want to now make the XP disc the primary O/S and do away with the dual boot system and the boot manager. when I tried this I just swapped over the data cables from both HDD on the M/Bbut this did not work.Taking into account my system setup as described what is the best way to acheive this. At the moment I boot into the boot manager screen select the drive I want to continue the boot sequence. An added problem is I now get an error 1327 invalid drive E message when I try to install new software.
regards

rawprawn 11:54 29 May 09

Try this Start> Run> type msconfig> Enter> Boot Tab
Make XP Default and delete the other.

rawprawn 11:56 29 May 09

I may have misunderstood, don't delete the other after making XP default if you still want it to show on boot.

Blubottle 17:09 29 May 09

There is only one os listed, XP!

rawprawn 17:39 29 May 09

Did you boot up in the default manager as it is now?
If so and there is only one listed, try booting with the other, and looking again. If there is still only one listed I'm sorry I can't help.

Blubottle 11:52 30 May 09

I have checked the win2k boot config and in the boot ini file this was stated
"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)winnt="microsoft windows 2000 pro/fastdetect"
there is no facility to delete.
regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…