DUAL OPERATING SYSTEMS?

Jeep129 09:27 09 Sep 03

Hi

Is it possible to install a second operating system on a new PC without having to partition the drive?

If yes, does this create any known problems.

Many thanks

Jeep129

graham√ 09:34 09 Sep 03

If the new PC is Windows XP, you will have to uninstall that first. This is because another version of Windows would take over some XP files and systems.

leo49 09:36 09 Sep 03

The answer to both parts is Yes.

Not a good idea - if you want to Dualboot do it properly with each OS on it's own partition.

-pops- 09:36 09 Sep 03

Depends what the operating system already there is.

If XP, it is not easy to install other systems.

Even so, are you sure you want to do this? Most people I have come across with multiple operating systems only use one with any regularity so the other is just taking up disk space for no good reason.

graham√ 09:49 09 Sep 03

I agree with -pops-. Much better to have another (old) PC to play with seperately.

leo49 10:01 09 Sep 03

I disagree with you both. I find it very convenient to have several OS's - given the size of today's HDDs, space is simply not an issue.Indeed,my OS's probably take up far less room than the amount of space taken up by many folk's System Restore and Recycle Bin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…