Dual Operating system querys

prodway 10:51 27 Mar 08

I have recently installed Vista which is great only i have some software that is not compatable on Vista and also i think it may slow my PC down whilst playing games(would this be true?).My thought was to try installing windows XP as a second operating system which i have heard a little about,what would be the best way to go about doing this?and will for example my itune and hardware drivers run on both operating systems,?Could i play the same games on both operating systems?I just need help understanding how XP and Vista will operate against with each other.

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks.

rossgolf 10:53 27 Mar 08

read this

click here

woodchip 11:33 27 Mar 08

Buy a new Hard Drive, and you will need to buy XP OEM click here

Remove Switch off Your computer remove the Mains plug then take the Drive cables of the old Drive and fit these to the new one. At this point you do not need to fit the drive in the case but before all the above you need to check the drive in your computer to see if it is a SATA or a EIDE drive so you get the right type of drive. Then when you have fitted the drive start with the XP CD in the drive load XP. After you are up and running You may need to load drivers for your hardware including motherboard etc sound and graphics. After all the above depending on what the driuve is will be how you need to connect the drives. As on EIDE drives there is a jumper on the edge of the drive, so that if both drives are on the same data cable you have to set one as master and one as slave. You then reboot one or the other will start. You then need to download Dual boot Manager. I use another but this may work from Google click here

woodchip 11:45 27 Mar 08

Doing it the above way will not mess up your Vista OS. They will be separate. And you will not mess up the Partitions

prodway 13:14 27 Mar 08

Thanks both,your input is very helpful,i may go for rossgolf's option though as i dont have a spare hard drive.
I havent tried anygames as yet,is it true that Vista eats away at your resources whilst playing games?

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5