Dual monitors on xp.

woody 16:45 05 Jan 04

I did a search and note that this has been asked before with few replies.
Come on chaps i know you are the experts.

I have a pen4 with a geforce card in the agp slot and would like to fit a sec mon -dual display - would it be best to go for another geforce?
The sec mon would not be used for anything that needed a fast reaction - mainly to display a flat (2d)picture or printing

LeadingMNMs 17:11 05 Jan 04

I think that you can get cards that can support two monitors at once (just checked the May 2003 issue of the mag). You could try Crucial click here but I haven't tried to do this, so your guess is as good as mine.

steve0 17:38 05 Jan 04

I use a Geforce 4200 card with two outputs, running a TFT screen off one and a CRT off the other. This is the easiest way to go and works very well. The Nvidia drivers give control over how to use the two monitors - one large desktop or each app in separate monitor.

Alternative way to go is to use a PCI card and have windows pick this up - I've done this is 98 and it works, but pci cards are not so easy to come by these days.

Many cards have two outlets these days. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…