Dual monitor suppot problem

Kitchie01 16:28 09 Aug 07

i am running with a ATI Radeon 9600 XT with my primary monitor in the CTR connector and a DVD recorder connected on a SVID - Composite cable in the SVID OUT slot. I have managed to get it working successfully but i would like the same image as my monitor to be sent to the DVD recorder insted of it being a separate desktop. I am running windows XP SP2

any ideas?

holme 17:30 09 Aug 07

I must confess I don't fully understand the situation you describe, particularly the phrase "separate desktop".

But if you've got it connected as described, the actual image being sent to the DVD recorder should be identical to that on your primary monitor.

However, it's important to appreciate that there will be a considerable difference in the image /resolution/ of the monitor display, and what the DVD recorder will record.

The resolution of the display on your primary monitor will be whatever you have set under Properties-Settings-Screen resolution, e.g. 1280x1024 pixels.

But the image resolution of the output from the SVID port is a fixed 768x576 pixels (for 'PAL'), so as to be compatible with the DVD recorder.

Does that assist? If not, could you clarify what you mean by "separate desktop" please?

Kitchie01 17:47 09 Aug 07

i had it ticked extend my desktop to the monior on the properties page and so it came as 2 separate desktops and i want it to be exactly the same image instead of where you can have different aplications on different monitors

Stuartli 17:52 09 Aug 07

Have you right clicked on the Desktop>Properties>Settings and click on the Second (2) monitor?

You can select the resolution etc from that point.

holme 18:01 09 Aug 07

Re. your post at 17:47, now I understand! :-)

I think the solution is simply to switch to /single/ monitor mode, i.e. UNtick "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor".

This should force the S-video port to output exactly the same image as that going to your monitor (albeit at much lower resolution). HTH.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced