Dual monitor support

Mr Confused 16:13 18 Sep 05

I have an LCD TV and an ordinary CRT Monitor which I would like to set up for dual display support with the LCD TV using a DVI Connection and the CRT Monitor using a VGA Connection. I currently have a GEForce FX5200 128Mb graphics card (AGP connection) but it only seems to allow one display or the other at any one time (if I want to swap I have to shutdown my system, switch the cables round and boot up again).

Can anyone recommend a Graphics card which will make this possible? I'm looking for a high performance graphics card on a tight budget. Don't really want to stretch much past £60.

red dragon 16:32 18 Sep 05

Hi
I think you can get a cable that allows dual display. It has one connection the goes the the vga card with two cables coming from it.

Hope this helps.

Red Dragon

red dragon 16:36 18 Sep 05

click here

The only one I have found so far is at the link above fron the states, but in sure you can get them here.

Regards
Red Dragon

red dragon 16:40 18 Sep 05

click here

Cheap and in the UK!

Red Dragon

Mr Confused 16:47 18 Sep 05

Thanks for your help - I give that a try!

tarkus 17:00 18 Sep 05

does your card have only one vga output or does it have 2 vga connectors + an svideo connector or is it 1 vga + svideo connector. also the links that red dragon sent you will only give you 2 of the same views (clone) what i think you are asking is you want to be able to use both the monitors at same time so you can spread your desktop accross them (span mode) what you need if this is the case is a card with 2 x vga outputs something like this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…