Dual monitor setup help needed

Willow12 17:43 01 Feb 07

OK I expect I am missing something really basic here. I have brought a second monitor to run in conjunction with my first one. They are both the same so will certainly be compatable.

The first one which is plugged in via a VGA connection shows on display in my control panel shows as

"Plug and Play Monitor on REDEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory"

The second plugged in via a DVI connection shows in the control panel as

"(Default Monitor) on RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory Secondary"

With the 2nd (new) one when I hover over the number monitor in the display is says "Not Active"

When I check the option to Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor it doesn't take, probably due to it being inactive.

I know my graphics card supports two monitors so what am i missing and what else do i need to do?

Technotiger 17:49 01 Feb 07

Hi, have you looked at Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced

Willow12 18:01 01 Feb 07

Just says Normal Size (96 DPI)

My second monitor is just constantly changing colours but is not playing ball.

By constantly changing colours, do you mean red, green, yellow every couple of seconds? If so, it sounds like the monitor isn't picking up a signal from the pc. Make sure the connections are secure and there's nothing showing up faulty in the device manager.

J

Technotiger 18:11 01 Feb 07

Hmmm, I don't understand what you are looking at? If you right-click on a blank area of your Desktop then choose Properties, followed by Advanced, you should then see your a tab for your Graphics Card, click on that and you should then see various options including setting up two monitors. Or at least, that is how mine works.

Cheers

jackhass 18:23 01 Feb 07

Look for Extended Desktop setting.

Willow12 18:26 01 Feb 07

Thanks guys, got it sorted finally. Just a simple connection problem in the end.

I was looking too deeply into a simple problem. :(

Cheers for the help.

Willow12

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…