Dual Monitor Display Query

ajm 21:27 21 Dec 08

I had one Samsung T220 on a VGA connection and it seemed OK to me. Today I purchased another of this same monitor with a PNY Nvidia Geoforce 9500 GT Graphics card with dual DVI.

The drivers installed ok and both monitors work fine under Vista.

I have noticed that the new monitor seems much brighter and clearer than the old one. I have checked the settings of both monitors as far as brightness and contrast are concerned and they are identical.

Could my first monitor have a problem or is it something else?

GaT7 01:21 22 Dec 08

About each monitor, you didn't say:

- How they were connected. I.e. were you using the same, DVI or VGA cable, for BOTH monitors? (btw, if you used a VGA cable with a DVI-VGA adapter, it'll still be VGA)

- How far apart the purchases were. I.e. you can expect some degradation of the 1st monitor over an extended period of time. Plus, the 'newer' monitor, though being exactly the same model, might have come equipped with better technology/improvements.

I find connecting my monitor via a DVI cable+input makes things brighter, with increased contrast than via a VGA cable/input. G

ajm 01:43 22 Dec 08

Hi. Both monitors are connected via DVI and were purchased within 1 month of each other - the new one was purchased yesterday

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now