dual monitor display

mushter 13:18 26 Nov 08

Hi I currently have a samsung monitor connected to my pc and a crt connected via the s-video,Im about to buy an lcd tv and I would like to have a dual monitor display on it instead of the clone I have now.
So I need to know if I can do this and which cabling do I need.
btw the monitor has 2 dvi blocks and 1 analogue

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:43 26 Nov 08

Depends on what outputs your graphics card has and what inputs are on the LCD TV.

mushter 14:52 26 Nov 08

graphics output is as stated on first post tv has 2 hdmi s-video and pc analogue

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 26 Nov 08

DVI lead from graphics card to monitor

D-sub Analogue lead from graphics to TV click here

mushter 15:42 26 Nov 08

Ive tried the d-sub lead from graphics card to monitor but I get no signal at all not sure if its a conflict between dvi and d-sub or im doing something else wrong

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:50 26 Nov 08

You may need to go into display properties to switch on the second monitor especially if your second display was set to TV via the S-Video lead.

mushter 16:04 26 Nov 08

Ive been into display properties unpluged the crt re-booted the pc and plugged in the lcd then gone back into display properties and tried detceting the display.
All that happens is the pc detects default tv and I still get no signal through the lcd.
Btw fruit bat Im not trying to be negative Ive been trying different things all day,I was toying with the idea of buying a dvi to d-sub converter what do you think?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 26 Nov 08

You have come so far, make it work :0)

Not sure how you are detecting display in display properties - settings tab.

Normally you have the two blue squares, click on 1 - advanced - displays tab

this will allow you to change the displays and switch between , then you can click advanced agin for each display to set the refresh rate etc.
do not go above 75Hz for a flat screen display to start with.

mushter 16:47 26 Nov 08

IM in cat control centre refresh rate is at 75 problem is the pc cant detect anything other than primary:smsung monitor and scondary crt tv it cant detect the lcd even when I unplug the s-video then re-boot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…