dual moniters

Andy-2004 21:20 15 Jan 04

ive got a nvidia fx 5200. and i am considering buying a flat screen 17" or 19". i was wondering if i could somhow run 2 moniters side by side.

im runing xp pro. 2.5 p4 processor .512 RAM

Regards Andy-2004

check out multiple monitors in the help files

Andy-2004 22:06 15 Jan 04

r u sure i can do it whith my graphics card?

what ports / connections are on the back of the card

keenan 22:14 15 Jan 04

If your graphics card has DVI output, and buy a TFT with DVI input you can connect both monitors to your
card, and get the benefits of a digital display.

Most of the FX series support dual display

click here

just in case you dont want to spring for a TFT a small DVI to VGA convertor can be bought for three pounds at dabs which will allow you to attach two CRTs . provided your card has the two connections then XP makes it very simple to set up your monitors, I would whole heartedly recommend it to everyone .Dual monitors has increased my productivity more than any other upgrade to my system.

Andy-2004 12:38 16 Jan 04

my card does have 2 connections(1 big 1 small)(sorry not verry technical) and with my pc (which came from novatech) came a little adapter which changes the big slot into the small one

my moniter at the moment (CRT)is pluged into the small one.

can i just buy a TFT and use the little adapter to change the size of the connector?

regards Andy-2004

Andy-2004 12:40 16 Jan 04

also is the combenation of CRT and TFT ok?

Andy the TFT will probably want the 'big one'. yes the combination should be fine. the resolutions, color depth etc are set up independently so no worries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…