Dual Layer Discs - With Ulead & Pinnacle Software

matt-few 07:15 21 Jul 05

I have edited family dv tapes using Ulead Video Studio 9 and Pinncle Stuio 9 Plus. Both programs recognise the DL Verbatum Discs are 8.5gb but will not write to them. I have an external LG Dual Layer writer (which I bought as I also use RAM discs) and a Sony DL DVD writer which came with my Evesham PC.

Can anyone shed any light as to why using two different software packages on two different writers, that I still can't burn my DL Dics - or is there a known problem with Verbatum?

plsndrs3 16:55 21 Jul 05

Well, I have a DVD burner which came with a free copy of Pinnacle, so I would be interested whether it is an issue with the DL DVD or not.

At least posting this will put the question back to the top ......

Regards,

Paul

mattyc_92 17:01 21 Jul 05

Can't you create an "image" of the disk you want to make using one of those programs and use something like Nero to burn them to disk?

SANTOS7 17:07 21 Jul 05

click here
the contents section here may help..

grumpy old git 18:00 21 Jul 05

My first video editing software was Ulead VideoStudio 6 and I never got it to burn a decent DVD. I then moved on to Pinnacle Studio 8 which I really enjoyed using except it NEVER burned a complete DVD. In the meantime there was much e-mailing between myself and Ulead/Pinnacle and to their credit they replied to all my e-mails with plenty of suggestions but to no avail. My DVD writer was returned to the manufacturer which they replaced but still no DVD to watch. This was causing me a lot of frustration bordering on anger, this was at a time (2 years ago)when DVD writers were an expensive luxury item. And then one day I received a trial version of Nero Suite 6 free with a (this one, I think) magazine and hey presto watchable DVDs. I have since purchased Nero 6 Reloaded and I am very happy with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…