jonnytub 18:51 02 Jul 04

Hi everyone, just set up a second monitor on my dual head graphics card, very happy with the results, one question though, will the performance of the card be reduced by having both monitors running while a game is being played on the primary?

Gaz 25 19:02 02 Jul 04

I would think so, since its rendering images for both in theory.

There again - maybe not.

jonnytub 19:03 02 Jul 04

reason i ask is i dont yet own a game which is demanding enough to put the card to the test, however i plan on doing so soon.

Night Ryder 19:15 02 Jul 04

The dual head capabilities of a graphics card were never intended for running games. Don't know of any games capable of running in dual mode. Any game I've seen run on a dual setup will default to the primary monitor and yes this will effect preformance. Dual head capability is intended for graphics, video and audio editing software to name but a few.

jonnytub 19:29 02 Jul 04

i had not intended on running the game on both monitors, i apologise if this was not made clear, i simply wanted to know if the performance of the card would be affected if whilst i was playing a game on the primary monitor and the other simply displaying the xp homescreen, i think my question has been answered anyhow, thanks to all who responded

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…