Dual graphics not working

didymas 01:32 11 Aug 13

I have a Lenovo z585 which has a APU and dedicated graphics card but I do not have the option to enable dual graphics in AMD VISION Engine Control Center. I have tried updating all of the drivers and even formatted and reinstalled the newest drivers but it still doesn't work.

Secret-Squirrel 09:29 11 Aug 13

Which two displays are you trying to enable? When you reply please confirm your Windows version.

Chronos the 2nd 09:34 11 Aug 13

According to this review, the simultaneous use of both cards, is activated from the start. Alternatively, the HD 7670M can also be deactivated.

I would suggest having a look in your manual to see if you have not inadvertently deactivated the GPU.

May I ask how you know your graphics are not dual?

didymas 15:23 11 Aug 13

I am using Windows 8. Also I know they are dual because a friend has the exact same laptop and it adjective to enable it on startup and I see the option. . When I first turned it on it didn't ask to enable dual graphIcs and I don't see the option.

didymas 15:33 11 Aug 13

Forgot to post that I will look in the manual in a few minutes. Don't know why I didn't think of that to be honest.

didymas 15:47 11 Aug 13

Can't find anything about it in the manual.

Woolwell 21:36 11 Aug 13

Is there a function key for switching to external display and internal display?

didymas 17:00 15 Aug 13

No there isn't.

Woolwell 17:53 15 Aug 13

According to the manual Fn +F3 opens an interface to select an external display. Most laptops (if not all) have a function key to toggle between displays.

didymas 21:40 15 Aug 13

That does not help me. I want to enable dual gpu graphics I said nothing about a second monitor.

Woolwell 21:59 15 Aug 13

Sorry but you didn't respond otherwise after the second post and responded to my post about a function button.

Does this help? AMD Support Have you checked your Energy Saving Mode and power mode of your laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac