Dual Graphics Cards

paulwilko 11:52 09 Dec 06

Hiya

I have just got a new Dell XPS 710 pc

It has 2 GRaphics cards.

How do i know they are both being used ?

I ask because i have installed Company of heroes and i cant get much better performance than my old pc so would like to know that everything is turned on.

THey are showing in Device Manager

Thx
Paul

SLAYER 12:12 09 Dec 06

what graphics cards are they?

SLAYER 12:21 09 Dec 06

Are these them NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI,excuse the terrible grammar.Anyway make sure SLI is turned on,start,control panel,Nvidia control panel,SLI configuration,enable SlI technology (recommended).

Arthur Scrimshaw 12:24 09 Dec 06

I understand Dell machines come pre-loaded with lots of software which can affect the performance.
I read an article (Tom's Hardware I think) where they bought an XPS system which they considered was crippled by this junk, but after spending some time cleaning it up, it gave respectable performance. I will have a look around to see if I can find said article.

vinnyT 14:20 09 Dec 06

"Company of Heroes scales well with graphics hardware. Faster cards will get you higher frame rates, but you might want to hold off on that dual-card SLI or CrossFire upgrade. Company of Heroes had severe issues with running in SLI and Crossfire modes at launch. Relic promptly released a patch that helped improve compatibility, but multi-GPU performance still isn't very impressive." click here

Make sure you have the most up to date patches from the games website, also, check the website for an sli (or crossfire) profile. Main site click here, patches click here

Hope this helps.

paulwilko 11:45 10 Dec 06

The cards are 7900GS 256MB.

Should SLI be turned on ?? and what does SLI do ?

Thx

Paul

SLAYER 20:09 12 Dec 06

Should SLI be turned on ??

yes

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…