Dual display outputs?

bobbych 10:17 29 Jan 08

Hi
I have a pc, on which i wish to use two monitors to display the same image (does not have to be at the same time) The GFX card has a VGA and DVi socket and the motherboard has onboard VGA out. the current lcd is connected to the VGA on the GFX card. I have another lcd I want to use but neither of them have a DVi connector.
So is it posible and what are my options. Even if i have to get new hardware.
Cheers

anskyber 10:41 29 Jan 08

This sort of thing works, click here it's an example so do research the one which is best for you.

bobbych 10:51 29 Jan 08

Right, looks good, I take it the image is sent to both vga and vdi at the same time? so no swithing rquiered

anskyber 11:17 29 Jan 08

Here's the griff. click here

anskyber 11:22 29 Jan 08

PS. I use two monitors but I select (from the set up) make this monitor my primary for my main one.

The effect is to give a choice about where programs start, I have my email on the second screen for example. Also any unmaxed window can be dragged from one screen to another, very handy if you are wanting to see more than one window at a time but large.

DieSse 13:31 29 Jan 08

If your graphics card is an nvidia based card - then the nvidia display driver can do whatever you want. Look for nview inside the display properties, on the adapter tab.

I would guess cards based on other chipsets can do the same.

Usual settings are

Clone display to second monitor

Extend Desktop to different monitor

You can also often set up two different desktops and have one on each monitor.

I use it to have both a monitor and projector showing the same screen at the same time, in different resolutions even.

DieSse 13:33 29 Jan 08

I have another lcd I want to use but neither of them have a DVi connector.

You can get an adapter click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…