//some 3rd party need geo

Dual channel DDR

wossie 16:55 01 Apr 05

I have ordered a new MoBo EPOX EP-8RDA6+ Pro which uses Dual channel Ram, I already have 2x 512Mb of dual channel TwinMos PC3200 ram, and tried it in my existing setup, an MSI KT6 Delta LSI and it only recognises 512Mb singly or as a pair in the three slots. I won't have the new board for a few days. Does the dual channel ram only work in dual channel MoBo's. Thanks again, Wossie.

Storik 17:04 01 Apr 05

I don't know about your new motherboard, but I have an Asus A7N8X and to use dual mode with two memory chips, I had to install the chips in slots 1 & 3.

Storik

Paranoid Android 18:28 01 Apr 05

Dual channel RAM is just ordinary RAM which is carefully matched, so your old motherboard should register 1 gig all things being equal.

However your old motherboard may not be able to run both sticks at full speed. If you tried lowering the memory speed eg 266 you may find it recognises the full amount.

Just guessing.

Marv.

wossie 19:42 01 Apr 05

I have 512Mb x2 of twinmos ram same spec and that runs fine with both installed all is pc3200 400mhZ. The dual channel should be backwards compatibel, maybe it will take a bit more investigating. I'll see when I get the new board. Thanka again, Wossie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…