//some 3rd party need geo

Dual booting with xandros open edition.

Pooke 21:22 21 Aug 05

Currently running xpsp2, on a 160 gb hdd only one partition.

Let's see, I am currently downloading this click here open edition.

My previous experience is limited, read a few things here and there. I would like to keep my current OS as the missus plays alot of games. Thanks

Any pointers and help appreciated.

octal 21:40 21 Aug 05

This may help you click here

Just make sure you read and understand the instructions when you boot from the CD, you may have to go into the BIOS and change the disk order, the CD drive needs to be the first one read by the computer when you start up.

I'm using Xandros 3 Deluxe, I've been using it since version 1, so I must like it :-)

woodchip 21:44 21 Aug 05

I Think the one you are downloading runs from the CD but you need about 375mb memory to run it

woodchip 21:47 21 Aug 05

It runs from a DVD so you need a DVD writer put blank DVDR in Computer in NERO/File click create Image. Point it to the ISO you download

octal 21:47 21 Aug 05

Xandros Desktop OS Open Circulation Edition is an installable edition, it doesn't run from the CD.

Pooke 21:48 21 Aug 05

I am printing out that guide, thanks octal. No dount I will be back for more help and advice.

I hope it's not a live cd, it shouldn't be. In any case I have 1024 mb installed RAM.

thanks

octal 21:54 21 Aug 05

It should take about 35 - 45 minutes to install it, it sounds like you've got a good spec machine so it might take less time.

DieSse 21:54 21 Aug 05

Don't worry - it fits on a CD - it installs itself as dual boot with WinXP quite happily - you get a menu at start up to choose Xandros or XP.

I've had exactly ths version for some time now, and it gives no problems with the dual-boot. It's quite a nice desktop - installs most hardware automatically - and is generally very nice. I've never had to go near the command line!

I've also got a Linspire installation on a seperate hard drive - and I think I'm going to settle on that. Loads more programs to "single-click" install - and I got my scanner working with it too.

octal 21:56 21 Aug 05

If you really get problems their user forums are very helpful indeed, all the folks on their are very patient and knowledgeable click here

octal 21:59 21 Aug 05

I'm always messing with the command line, it reminds me of DOS so I'm quite happy using it :-)

Pooke 21:59 21 Aug 05

Ho do I speed up the download, I am only getting 100kb/s quite slow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…