Dual Booting

NotsoNewuser 19:52 14 Nov 04

I'm heading into unknown territory ( for me) with dual booting.
I have win98 plus applications on C drive and keep data on D drive. I plan to add a third one for video editing.
This one would have to use NTFS file system to run the video ok which means XP (or Linux?).
I can partition drive C to hold XP(Linux?)in addition to keeping the existing programmes in their present section.
I take it I would have to load the applications relevant to each O/S in their partition or is there another way to handle that ?
Also where an application is common to both O/S (eg Photoshop v8 is for XP only and I have files saved under v7) would I be able to continue saving and using from my drive D (FAT 32) with an application designed for NTFS?
Finally, is there a good publication or website where all this is spelt out? I have looked but not found one yet.

TomJerry 19:55 14 Nov 04

whole package cost less £30 from Amazon.

NOTHING can compare for the ease of use in you want to multiboot.

woodchip 19:57 14 Nov 04

Two more point is that although you can see a fat32 partition from a NTFS partition, you cannot see a NTFS from a Fat32 partition.

TomJerry 20:00 14 Nov 04

the package was produced by Powerquest.

Norton (Symatac) likes so much and bought the Company.

TomJerry 20:02 14 Nov 04

depend on OS, not partition

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…