Dual booting

jhm 21:00 06 Apr 04

I am running XP Home with a 3 partition HDD. I want to also run Win98 on one of the other partitions. Can I install the 98 on another partition and leave the XP intact. Does the 2nd partition have to made active. Need basic install info

ade.h 21:44 06 Apr 04

First read click here on the Knowledgebase, then look at click here and follow the links at the bottom of the article. Also have a look at click here

ade.h 21:47 06 Apr 04

That last site has the following article that exactly applies to your query click here Hope these help; if not, post back here for more info.

temp003 04:22 07 Apr 04

Easiest way, but probably not what you want, is to start afresh, install 98 on the first partition (formatted with FAT32), then install XP on another partition.

If you want to keep XP where it is, it's a bit more complicated.

Is your XP partition NTFS or FAT32?

If NTFS, you must have another primary partition, make it active through fdisk, install 98 there. Then use a boot manager to give you a choice of OS.

You can try Partition Magic and bootmagic that comes with it.

Or you can try a free boot manager such as OSL2000 click here

If XP partition is FAT32, you have another option which does not require third party software. Post back if you need further info.

ade.h 21:24 07 Apr 04

XPs own Disk Management in the Management Console is more user-friendly that Fdisk and can do everything you'll need it to do from within Windows. click here for a guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…