Dual Boot XP home and 98se

woodchip 11:55 23 Jun 08

I want to use XP dual boot function, When I loaded it it set it up but Acronis Dual boot must have removed it. Reason is in Win98se I have lost my DVDRW & CDRW drives although they are in BIOS they do not show in Device Manager or My Computer in 98se

They both show in XP home

I think the Dual boot as done this, I have removed Acronis Dual boot so left with XP until I cab boot both

woodchip 11:59 23 Jun 08

[boot loader]
;timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
;C:\ = "Microsoft Windows"

Ditch999 12:11 23 Jun 08

The obvious thing would be to remove the ; from the start of timeout=30 and C:\="Microsoft Windows" entries as it removes the entries relating to 98

Ditch999 12:13 23 Jun 08

Is there any mention of 98 in System Properties>Advanced>Start up and recovery?

woodchip 12:35 23 Jun 08

Okay, Managed to sort the Dual Boot out but still not getting CD and DVD drives in 98se Although they are in BIOS XP no problem. I think this as something to do with Dual Boot. I may be wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…