dual boot xp and 7

KPC 12:44 06 Mar 11

xp installed first on HD, then created second partition and installed 7 on this partition. everything installed ok. restarted computer. screen comes up with windows7 entry and earlier versions of windows.first selected 7 and it loads great. restarted computer and this time selected earlier versions. that is where i am now. xp was working great but for some reason it wont boot it now i have installed windows 7. must be a simple problem, but i am stuck.

rawprawn 12:59 06 Mar 11

Use Easy BCD have a look here click here

KPC 13:22 06 Mar 11

cheers rawprawn, i will try this and get back. Thanks

KPC 14:05 06 Mar 11

Well, when i installed easybcd, there were the two entries visible, so blindly i went to create bcd and this after restart, locked me out of both OS. So i repaired windows using the disk and it reported a problem with starting windows. After another reboot, i was able to access 7 again. I started easybcd, and this time there was only the entry visible for 7. This time i selected add entry and after reboot i am able to access both OS.
So i would like to say a big thankyou to you mate.cheers.

rawprawn 16:13 06 Mar 11

I'm glad that you are sorted, thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…